:: The Muse of Chaos ::.. Ms. Evelynn Kingsley

Inquiring minds you say? Well, here's your sneak peek of the everyday Second Life of Ms. Evelynn Kingsley, business woman extraordinaire. Everything from building for Ethereal Chaos to the latest news regarding Apocalyptic Chaos. Perhaps I'll even throw in a few of the many random thoughts I have on life, love, and the misadventures that make up my Second Life just for kicks. This, is me...

Welcome to my World of Chaos.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Psychological Tendencies...



The mind is truly amazing. It does its best to piece together everything it knows to be logical when presented a situation and deduce a conclusion that makes sense unto it. Everyone is different as the chemical makeup of each person varies. For me, my mind is quite haunted. Due to RL trauma and tragic events, I suffer more today than I ever had.... My life has changed significantly due to the way my mind construes situations. The struggle and search for understanding and compassion begin to wear thin and the search for balance seems as though it is non-existent, yet... I still try.

Monday, February 13th 10AM (EST), a visit with my RL councilor...

I've been speaking to a social worker since October of last year. She was issued to my family and I through a tragic situation that transpired at our home back in August. The young woman is very good at what she does. She is sympathetic to emotion and she has all the right words that make you feel as though she truly cares. There are still issues that I experience that are hard to vocalize to her, as they are difficult for me to explain. Her suggestion to me was to seek other outlets and talk to people about what plagues me.

A while back, I had joined a group in SL called Psychology and Behavioral Science. The group calls for meetings on given topics and are discussed in a free range chat for support and understanding. I attended today's session, purely curious to see if I would be able to find someone... anyone really, that would understand the words that I would present. Today's topic was addiction...


While arriving 13 mins late due to SL complications, the discussion had begun to take place. Finding a seat in the back, I took my place and began reading the text posts of others. Everything from smoking addictions to eating habits, the most commonly understood addictions that are a cause for concern in everyday RL were being tossed into the open forum. I had asked one of the leads if the session was per turn or if we could voice at any time our opinions during. She had given me the go to speak freely my thoughts as they came, and I did...


I informed the group that my addiction may not be common to the gathering here, and went on to inform them that I have an addiction to emotions, be they from one extreme to the other. Examples included; The initial feeling one gets from claiming to fall in love. Once the barrier wears, I tend to drift from the person. So it is just as simple as saying, I'm in love with the idea of love. On the other hand, I am also in love with pain. There are times where I will present words to others that would "heat" a given situation. Not only do I see these as mental exercises, but reminders that I am still able to feel while my mind is chemically altered. 

The discussion had taken an interesting turn while I voiced my thoughts, and people began to argue back and forth. Honestly, this was not my intent but I sat back, remained silent, and observed. Everything from the  lack of understanding how a virtual world could induce RL feelings to the neglect of RL because of the certain "something" they receive in this "game" that they don't in their everyday lives, turned out to be an interesting back and forth. The group leader had to silence the speak and insist on everything coming from the same place in the mind. Kinetics, sight, sound, smells and anything having to do with sensory registration is what the mind will alter into its own perception of reality. Fascinating really... But truth in simplicity in that, we are all the same, only... different.


After all was said and done, what it boils down to is the emotional balance. There was a technical term that was utilized in the discussion, but due to the issues I have with short-term memory, I cannot recall the verbiage.

Seems like I already know the answers, I just need to find the fit... 
The search continues.




For more information regarding the NLP Group,
  check out their informational center in world at NLP Educational Center.

"You want to know me? 
My Heart is the reflection of who YOU really are."
-Evelynn Kingsley




No comments:

Post a Comment